Property Controller (SFR)
In this newly created role, our Property Controller will own the day-to-day accounting for the company’s single-family rental (SFR) portfolios and be an integral part of the real estate and accounting teams.
- Ensuring month-end close deadlines are met.
- Preparing monthly journal entries, completing bank reconciliations, and maintaining balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Preparing investment vehicle specific reporting, including monthly financial statements, lender covenant tests, and other internal reports.
- Overseeing annual GAAP audits and other general audit inquiries.
- Review the journal entries for single-family rental investments to ensure accuracy, completeness, compliance, and reasonableness.
- Working with the internal real estate team and property managers to ensure accurate and timely presentation of accounting functions.
- Designing, implementing, and managing the processes for accounting of investments, expense accruals, amortization, reserves and liabilities, and other related balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with developing and maintaining standard operating procedures and documentation.
- Support management with special research projects and presentations, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Experience in single-family rental investments or operations is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute on strict reporting deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Experience with NetSuite
- A collaborative, people-first culture with a passion for doing good and enjoying doing it
- A unique opportunity to build our brand in the early stages
- Competitive benefits and compensation, including a new 401(k) w/match
- Hybrid work environment (most NYC-based Truepers commute in on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Flexible PTO (with a 3-week minimum)
- 11 paid holidays
Truehold is the nation's leading provider of residential sale-leasebacks, the preferred choice for homeowners who want to unlock their equity without taking on debt or moving. We've brought together industry-leading experts to unlock over $100 million in home equity to hundreds of residents in 7 cities across the Midwest. Our mission is to create a new type of senior living that enables people to enjoy their health and wealth as they age, without giving up their homes.