Head of Business Development & Strategy
Thrive Health Tech (THT)
Thrive Health Tech (THT) is looking for a results-driven individual to lead THT’s growth strategy. This person should be passionate about THT’s mission and have deep insight into the healthcare industry - especially government insurance programs and value-based care. The role reports into THT’s CEO and will be instrumental in driving THT’s success.
Incubated by Frist Cressey Ventures and backed by CVS Health Ventures, 25M Health, and others, Thrive Health Tech (THT) is the world's only wireless platform built for healthcare. For our customers, usually underserved Americans, we provide a disruptively good value on wireless (phone + plan + support) while making their health care experience easier. For our healthcare partners, we enable the “last mile” of their telephonic and digital strategies, delivering market leading outcomes through sustained engagement. Our mission is to build technology that enables underserved Americans to connect and engage with their healthcare - in clinical domains, healthcare operations, or social drivers of health. We believe that when healthcare is easier and more accessible, everyone wins.
- Accountable for revenue growth and developing strong relationships with clients
- Rapidly evolve THT’s channel / client (e.g. Exchange / Aetna) and partner facing value-proposition
- Develop data-driven prioritization framework for channels and clients
- Go deep on researching healthcare trends (especially government policy) that will influence THT’s growth strategy
- Own the strategy and execution of the client and partner pipeline
- Find a way to win - be strategic, be diligent, be persistent in pursuit of client outcomes
- Coordinate growth priorities and requirements effectively with operational partners at THT
- Be a great team member - help THT continue to improve team culture and the employee experience; be willing to do what’s needed for THT’s overall success
- Develop and present THT’s growth plan to key stakeholders - e.g. Board and investors
- Participate in and influence THT’s overall strategy
What success looks like
- First 30 days: You are integrated into the team and have established a solid understanding of the THT value proposition, experience and existing client strategy, including the nuances of the THT unit economic model. You are now the default lead on all business development (clients & partners) activities and are beginning to formulate a go-forward strategy that optimizes for THT’s growth.
- First 6 months: You have a firm grip on all aspects of THT’s business development pipeline and a strong working relationship with your internal partners - finance, product, marketing / customer acquisition, client success, etc. You are a valued member of the team who “raises the bar” on THT’s culture and proactively contributes to making THT a great place to work. Importantly, you are generating client and partner “wins” and are continually improving THT’s positioning to the market. You move fast and make mistakes, but transparently learn from them and implement sustainable corrections accordingly. You present to the THT Board of Directors a 3-year strategy for top-line growth, including a clear, data-driven point-of-view on priorities.
- Year 1: Your growth strategy is evolving and demonstrating increasing momentum - measured by forecasted revenue. You diligently work with your internal partners to ensure operational coordination. You continue to make a positive impact on THT’s culture and actively support THT’s increasing talent needs. You begin to get more involved with industry events and help THT establish a stronger brand presence with clients and partners using scrappy, creative tactics. You strongly influence THT’s overall strategy by looking at trends with consumers, government (healthcare/CMS and telecom/FCC), and technology. You stay focused on THT’s mission and ensure the company is making a positive impact on our customers’ lives and their healthcare experience. You see potential to help millions of people.
- BA / BS degree required
- 5-10 years experience: 2-5 years of experience in a strategic business role - strategy consulting, investment banking + 2-5 years of experience working with healthcare plans or value-based providers
- Self-proclaimed “health care nerd” → intellectually curious about America’s healthcare system and how it’s evolving structure impacts various participants and the individuals being served
- Experience working directly with clients or partners
- Excellent skills in strategic analysis and modeling
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing contracts and negotiations
- Passion for creative problem solving and an ability to challenge (with humility and data/insights) the status quo
- Passion for the THT mission → “Building technology that enables underserved Americans to connect and engage with their health care.”
- Proven ability to work effectively in a remote culture with appropriate collaboration skills and personal discipline
- Potential for 10-15% travel
What we Offer
- Salary: THT has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live; the successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience
- Incentive Stock Options aligned to salary, role and impact
- Fully remote work & remote office stipend (co-working, laptop, etc.)
- Hybrid work option in Nashville, TN and New York, NY
- THT Mission Days: 4x per year we individually take a full day away from the office to connect with the Thrive mission in whatever way energizes us and helps us better appreciate the impact THT can make (e.g. volunteer at a community health center)
- $2,000 annual learning & development budget
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking five consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- Up to six weeks of paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and disaster after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months
- 12-week paid parental leave after 6 months at the company
- 5-week sabbatical on your 5 year anniversary
- Health insurance, dental and vision, commuter benefits, & 401(k) benefits with company matching
- Guaranteed minimum 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.